In the evolving hobby box and sealed product niche of the trading card world, finding the best deals on sought-after Panini and Topps products can be a challenging task due to the market’s volatility and supply availability. A collector or card breaker has to search and then constantly check several big online retailers such as Blowout Cards, Dave & Adam’s Card World, and Steel City Collectibles to get a pulse of what a product like a 2023 Topps Chrome Baseball Hobby Box would be priced at.
One tool, Waxstat, has made it easy for you to price compare wax boxes, hobby boxes, mega boxes, blaster boxes, and other sealed products. In this article, we will explore what Waxstat is, how it works, and why it has become a go-to resource for savvy collectors, card breakers, and online shoppers.
What is Waxstat?
Waxstat is an online price tracking tool that allows users to see a release calendar of upcoming products such as hobby boxes, cases, mega boxes, and blaster boxes and gives you the current and historical pricing of 22 online retailers. The web app was founded in 2022 by Al Teruel, a software developer and entrepreneur when he had difficulty finding the current market price of a 2020 Panini Immaculate Football Hobby Box. He had to Google search the box of Immaculate, and then open a few browser windows to find the current price. Even after finding the current price, he wasn’t sure if the price was rising or falling. Even after finding the current market price, he had no visibility as to whether the box was going up, down or sideways in price.
Since then, Teruel and Waxstat have a goal of helping consumers, local card shops, card breakers, and #TheHobby quickly and easily find and compare prices of their sealed wax products.
How Does Waxstat Work?
Waxstat usage is relatively straightforward. Users can visit the website (waxstat.com) and search for a specific product using its name such as a 2022-23 Panini Prizm Basketball Hobby Box. Any product you search is one of 5400+ products and 23000+ prices that Waxstat monitors. Waxstat provides a detailed product description in addition to a price history chart that displays the price fluctuations of the hobby box since it was announced by the manufacturer. The servers at Waxstat are running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are making sure the prices and information are the most accurate in the card trading industry.
Why Use Waxstat?
Waxstat has been a valuable tool for #TheHobby (especially card breakers and local card shops) by providing a 360-degree view of what’s coming out and how to price it correctly. The result is a much better experience for their customers while allowing them to stay competitive in the sealed product market.
- Release Date: With so many product delays such as the 2022 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary Baseball Hobby Box, it’s been difficult for collectors, card breakers, local card shops, and investors to know when a product will be dropped. Waxstat’s technology stack allows for the most up-to-date release dates.
- Price History Insights: One of the most valuable features of Waxstat is the price history insights it offers. By analyzing the price charts provided, users can gain a better understanding of how prices fluctuate over time. For example, we see that a 2022-23 Panini Obsidian Soccer Hobby Box has had an all-time low of $299 and an all-time high of $499 since it was announced. This information can help them determine if it’s the right time to make a purchase or if it’s worth waiting for a potential price drop.
- Price Change Alerts: Waxstat’s price drop alert feature is incredibly convenient for users who want to snag a product at a discounted price. For example, Waxstat observed that a 2023 Topps Tribute Baseball Hobby 6-Box Case was priced below $3000 but as of this writing, the case’s average price is $3400+. By opting into a price notification on a per-product level, any potential buyers of this case would receive an email notification as soon as a product’s price has changed, ensuring the hobbyist never misses out on a great deal.
- Checklists: What’s the point of sealed product if you don’t know what’s inside? A good example is the checklist for a 2022 Panini National Treasures Football Hobby Box. Through checklists, you’ll be able to see if your favorite player (I’m looking at you Brock Purdy of the San Francisco 49ers) is included in a checklist. No need to go to another app or website.
- UPC Scanning for Sealed Boxes: Are you a local card shop, an investor with a room full of wax boxes, or a consumer at a card show and you need to come up with a quick comp? You can use Waxstat’s simple UPC barcode scanner and you can easily see the current market price and price history of your boxes such as a 2023 Bowman Baseball Hobby Box. This saves you so much time by not having to type product names out especially when you need to get the current price now.
In the competitive realm of online shopping, knowing when and where to find the best prices is key. Waxstat provides users with a comprehensive platform to track and monitor product prices on sealed trading card products for baseball, football, basketball, hockey, MMA, soccer, motorsports,and TCG. With its up-to-date release dates, price history insights, price change alerts, and checklists, Waxstat offers a wide range of tools to help users make informed purchasing decisions.
By utilizing Waxstat‘s services, users can take advantage of price fluctuations, secure the best deals, and save money on their online purchases. Whether you’re a buy-and-hold wax box investor, an avid blaster box online shopper or someone who simply wants to make smarter buying choices, Waxstat is a valuable resource that can enhance your shopping experience and help you become a more informed consumer.